2015-2016 LLCC Foundation Scholarship Application
THE LINCOLN LAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOUNDATION IS NOW ACCEPTING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2015-2016 ACADEMIC YEAR.
Application Deadline: March 2, 2015
The following materials must be submitted by the deadline for your application to be considered.
1. Online application and personal statement. What is required in the personal statement?
Please see below for instructions on how to submit the online application and personal statement.
2. Most recent transcript. If you…
- are currently in high school or have not attended a post-secondary institution since high school graduation, you must have a high school official submit a high school certification form with an official copy of your high school transcript. Access and print the certification form here.
- are transferring to LLCC from another college or university, submit an official transcript from that institution.
- are a continuing LLCC student, submit your unofficial transcript after fall 2014 grades have been posted (if printed from WebAdvisor, it must have all coursework with completed hours and cumulative GPA).
- completed a GED or received a high school diploma through an alternative program, submit proof of completion.
3. Two recommendations. Access and print the recommendation forms here.
The recommendation forms should be completed by people who can testify to your academic success, your commitment to community service and your personal virtues and qualities such as teachers, guidance counselors, high school or college administrators, former/current employers, co-workers, or members of a volunteer or religious organization.
4. Any information requested in the “Specific Scholarship Criteria” section in the online application.
Your application and personal statement may be submitted online, but your transcript, two recommendation forms and any information requested for specific scholarships must be hand-delivered to the Foundation office, room 1214, Menard Hall, LLCC-Springfield by 5 p.m. on March 2, 2015 or sent to the address below. Materials sent via mail must be postmarked by March 2.
P.O. Box 19256
Springfield, IL 62794-9256
NOTE: It is your responsibility to submit all the required application materials by the March 2 deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Online Application Instructions
- Click on the link below to proceed to the register/login page for the online application. You must first create a username and password by clicking on "Register" at the bottom or top right hand side of the login page. Enter the information as requested. Create a password that you will remember. The only requirement for the password is that it must be at least 7 characters. Re-enter your password for confirmation. Click on "Register". This should bring you to the online application.
- You must be prepared to upload your personal statement when completing the online application. Acceptable electronic file formats are: DOC, DOCX, PDF and RTF.
HOW TO UPLOAD STATEMENTS
- Click the "Select button.
- Browse to the location of the document on your computer.
- Highlight the document and click "Open" or "OK".
- Saving Form for Later - You can save your application or return to a partially completed application by click on the "Save Form For Later" button at the bottom of the page.
- Application Submission - If any required field are missing on a page, you must complete them before you can submit the application. Once the application is submitted, you will come to a screen that says, "Thank you for submitting the online application for LLCC Foundation Scholarships." If you do not come to this screen, your application did NOT go through properly, and you will need to submit again.
If you logout before saving the form for later or submitting the application, you will lose any entered date.
For scholarship application questions, contact Lori Smith, Scholarship Program Coordinator, at (217) 786-4502.
Click Here to Complete the Online Application
LLCC TRUSTEES HONORS PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP: The online application can be used to apply to the LLCC Honors Program and for consideration for the LLCC Trustees Honors Program Scholarship. You must be prepared to attach a 300 to 500 word essay describing your personal and career goals and explaining in what way participation in the Honors Program would help you reach them.
LLCC Trustees Honors Program Scholarships are available to first-time college students who are accepted into the Honors Program. Honors Scholarships are good for up to 60 credit hours of tuition. Applicants who are accepted into the Honors Program but do not receive the LLCC Trustees Honors Program Scholarship will still be considered for LLCC Foundation scholarships. For information about the LLCC Honors Program please click here.
The LLCC Foundation has many scholarships for students, as well as opportunities for generous community businesses, organizations, individuals and friends of the college to support them.
We invite you to click on the following links to learn more.
For Scholarship Applicants
Click here for web sites and other helpful information.
For questions, contact Lori Smith, Scholarship Program Coordinator, at (217) 786-4502.